Paw Prints

The Student News Site of Morris Area High School

Paw Prints

Paw Prints

Trick-or-treat: What do kids want?

No matter how old you are, Halloween is a holiday where everyone gets to experience a taste of their youth again. Whether it be through hair-raising horror movies or cute costumes, there is something for everyone! However, amidst all of the fear and fun is a bit of stress. Adults everywhere are wondering, “What kind of candy should I buy?” Nobody wants to be the “lame” house on the block, surrounded by neighbors giving out the treats kids treasure so much that they hit the same house twice! So to answer the question, what kinds of candy do kids actually want? A survey was conducted last year to find out. Over one thousand children evaluated were asked to choose one of ten diverse candies that they were most hopeful to receive while trick-or-treating. The survey came back with a surprising variety of results. Hershey’s chocolate bars came in first place by far, kids raving about the chocolate and why they liked it so much. Second-most popular was another chocolate candy, Reese’s peanut butter cups. The next two to follow Reese’s were KitKat bars and M&M’s, but the chocolate streak was broken by the Skittles candy coming in fifth place. Following Skittles was our last chocolate candy on the list, the Twix bar. The candies finishing last were Starburst, Sour Patch Kids, and Jolly Ranchers. As you can see, chocolate candies dominated the survey results with a distinct lead on candies of other varieties. Although every kid has different taste, I think it’s safe to say that buying a variety pack of chocolate candies will be enough to satisfy a number of kiddos on Halloween night. Aside from that, remember to buy candy that you enjoy; after all, you get to eat the leftovers!

Survey Article: https://blog.fieldagent.net/kids-survey-top-halloween-treats-candy-brands-of-trick-or-treaters