Paw Prints

The Student News Site of Morris Area High School

Paw Prints

Paw Prints

Art Show Updates; Aria’s Going to State!

LRAC Art Show – Specially Chosen and Won!

On April 12, 2024, an exciting event took place in ALexandria, MN. MSHSL Arts showcase took place at Alexandria Technical College! This art show displayed many different art pieces, from paintings, sculptures, and photography, made by MN High school students. Along with the showcasing of the artworks, there were also workshops that the students could attend. I, Anne Marie Schneider, was unfortunately unable to attend due to a conflict in scheduling, but I was able to go last year and it was a blast!

At the end of the Art show, there is an awards ceremony for each of the different artworks. The highest ranking being a Superior, followed by an Excellent, etc. However, 1 student from Morris Area High School got a very special award; Aria Chatters received a Best of Sight award. She got a perfect score (40/40) from both of her judges, allowing her to be the first ever MAHS student to make it to State in the art showcase! We wish her luck at the show, which takes place on May 11th, 2024. Unfortunately, Aria won’t be able to go to State herself as there is another commitment on the same date. We encourage you to congratulate her if you see her and wish her piece the best of luck at State!

Another exciting event that stemmed from the show. At the showcase in Alex, there were a few people there from the LRAC (Lakes Regional Arts Council) who chose 9 pieces from Morris, along with pieces from other schools, to get brought to another art show in Fergus Falls. This show took place on April 27th, 2024.

I attended the art show, and there were many amazing art pieces! At the end of the show, they had a small awards ceremony for who got chosen for 1st, 2nd, and 3rd, along with 2 other extra awards. We were lucky enough to have a winner from our school; Wesley Richards got 2nd place with his “Mando” Drawing.

Art is such a special thing, so I encourage you all to try some form of it, and to tell your friends who enjoy art to continue doing so. Everyone has their own special flare, and it is always so fun when we are able to see that flare and talent that others have due to art shows like these two.