Breaking News

Paw Prints

The Student News Site of Morris Area High School

Paw Prints

Paw Prints

VMA’s Fashion Review

This year, by far, was one of the best years for fashion at the VMA’s. As most people know, the VMA’s are a casual award show, which means a lot of celebrities can experiment with their looks. But there was something different about this year’s looks. The VMA outfits of 2023 were more trendy and media-influenced than ever before. In this article, we will be looking at the most discussed dresses of the 2023 VMA’s. 

1. Cardi B in Custom Dilara Findikoglu

Everybody knows that Cardi B has had some great looks, but this is one of her best. The dress she is wearing is Dilara Findikoglu and is altered from the mini version seen during London Fashion Week in February. This look was one of my favorites of the evening. The dress is unique, compliments her body, and looks great on her. I just wish she could have taken it a step further with hair and makeup.

2. Olivia Rodrigo in custom Ludovic de Saint Sernin

This custom gown includes over 150,000 Swarovski crystals. The 90’s cut of Olivia’s gown is a reference to her 90’s and 00’ themed album she just released. I love a low-key glam look, but I think she could be experimenting more with her style.

3. Selina Gomez in Oscar De la Renta

I applaud Selina for pulling off a bold floral at a red carpet event, but overall, the dress was boring and unflattering. She has natural undertones, so it would be best for her to wear lighter colors. Although I love the neckline on her, the bottom of the dress looks cheaply made and too casual.

4. Megan Thee Stallion in Brandon Blackwood

A sheer dress is definitely popular right now, but it has been overdone. I think it’s boring and dull compared to some of Megan’s previous looks. Apart from the dress, I love the hair and makeup she chose, and the slick-back pony is timeless and classy.

The VMA’s are an extravagant event with fashion unmatched, and this year was no exception.