Paw Prints

The Student News Site of Morris Area High School

Paw Prints

Paw Prints

MAHS Homecoming 2023

King Owen and Queen Piper. (MAHS yearbook staff)

The Morris Tigers are raring to go for their upcoming homecoming week. Homecoming is packed with events and games for everyone to be engaged in. Show your school spirit throughout the week by participating in the exciting dress-up days. Monday starts off the week comfortably with Pajama Day. Show off your favorite team on Tuesday with Jersey Day. Support your grade color on Color Day on Wednesday. Be fashionable and come to school as your favorite celebrity or movie character on Thursday for Celebrity Day. Finally, show some tiger pride and come decked out in orange and black for Spirit Day on Friday. 

Throughout the week, also look out for varsity games and support our tiger athletes. Cross Country starts the week out with a Monday meet in Ortonville. The Girls’ Tennis Team has matches on Tuesday at Melrose; Thursday at Parkers Prairie; and the Conference meet on Saturday in Alexandria. Tiger Volleyball plays against West Central Area in a home game on Thursday. Tiger Football takes on Detroit Lakes for the first time Friday night on Big Cat. Alongside our varsity sports, homecoming has specific activities for this week only. Make sure to come to Big Cat Wednesday night to see the Juniors and Seniors battle it out in Powderpuff Football. Also, come to the homecoming dance after the football game on Friday in the Elementary School. 

One thing that is sure to come with homecoming week is homecoming royalty. The homecoming court is made up of representatives from each grade. Freshmen representatives include Brenton Schmidgall, accompanied by Bethany Backman, and Benjamin Tiernan, accompanied by Maggie Knobloch. Sophomore representatives include Jonah Huebner, accompanied by Morgan Harstad, and Jack Kehoe, accompanied by Addison Cihak. Junior Representatives include Charlie Hanson, accompanied by Mya Schmidgall, and Zavier Running Hawk, accompanied by Charli Erdahl. In the senior class, we have our King and Queen candidates. Owen Anderson is accompanied by Kelly Berlinger. Kaleb Breuer accompanied by Karlie Bruns. Kaleb Heins, accompanied by Piper Swanson. Brett Howell, accompanied by Ruby Swenson. Derek Waldbeser accompanied by Alexa Erholtz. Make sure to attend the coronation on Monday night to see who is crowned King and Queen. 

Homecoming week is jam-packed with activities and opportunities and is something you will not want to miss out on. So make sure to dress up, support our Tiger athletes and activities, and, most importantly, show your Tiger Pride.