Paw Prints

The Student News Site of Morris Area High School

Paw Prints

Paw Prints

Gazing Towards the Past: Homecoming 2020 Recap

Human highlighters for Tie-dye/neon day!
MAHS Yearbook

The Morris Area School’s homecoming took place the week of October 5th-9th. Monday was jersey day, highschool students wore sports jerseys. I was slightly disappointed that no one dressed up as a Jersey cow. Coronation took place Monday night. This year’s Homecoming King and Queen were Zach Bruns and Greta Hentges. Seniors on the homecoming court included: Emma Berlinger, Brady Backman, Andrew Olson, LaRae Kram, Emma Bowman, Jacob Boots, Sydney Solvie, and Kenny Soderberg. The junior class representatives were Noah Erickson, Shannon Doughtery, Meredith Carrington, and Sawyer Knobloch. Whitney Bruns, Kyle Fehr, Ava Wayne, and Drew Storck represented the sophomore class. The freshmen class representatives were Chloe Zimmel, Caleb Breuer, Alexa Erholzt, and Ashton Hacker. Tuesday was outer space day, so the children dressed as though they were from space. The high school students were exquisitely good at pretending that they were aliens… Maybe a little too good…*X-Files theme song intensifies* I sure hope nobody’s cover was blown! Wednesday was color day. Each grade was assigned a color. Boy, did it look like a giant industrial-sized pack of skittles exploded! The powderpuff game was on Wednesday evening. Although there was no concession stand at the game, the Juniors ate a big bowl of victory during overtime. Thursday was tie-dye/neon day. Students brought out their inner hippie and/or 80’s tweenagers. Friday was spirit day. Everyone donned their orange and black to support the MACA Tigers. There was a pepfest, parade, football game, and an outdoor movie. The pepfest was streamed live while students watched from their classrooms. Teams during the pepfest competed in a scooter game, and captains spoke about how their sports and activity seasons were going. After the pepfest, students were dismissed to go to the parade. Later Friday night, the MACA Tigers played The Minnewaska Lakers. The Tigers proved victorious! After the game, there was an outdoor showing of The Greatest Showman on the football field. Despite being different from other homecomings of the past, this year’s 2020 homecoming was still a blast and a welcomed burst of excitement in the staff and students of Morris Area School’s lives.