Paw Prints

The Student News Site of Morris Area High School

Paw Prints

Paw Prints

MAHS Robotics

First Robotics is a nation-wide competition where high school students make a robot and compete against other teams. Each year, the teams must build different robots for different competitions. Last year’s competition was Star Wars themed, and because of the pandemic, there will be no Robotics competition this year.

That means it’s the perfect time to join the Morris Robotics Team – the Plaid Pillagers! This year is all about fun, and it’ll be pretty laid back. You only have to come in once, or twice a week, so it will be a low commitment if you already have sports or other after school activities going on.

Even if you aren’t interested in building a robot, there are many other opportunities for robotics as well. You can be an engineer, programmer, in logistical, and more. Logistics deals with the marketing and funding of the team, programmers program the robot to move around, and engineers build the robot. It’s a team effort. Each group has a leader, and the team currently has one student captain: Sam Jordan. 

Robotics is a STEM career;  STEM stands for Science, Technology, Engineering, and Mathematics. Robotics is the perfect after school activity for you if you’re looking for a future STEM career.

Donate to Paw Prints

Your donation will support the student journalists of Morris Area High School. Your contribution will allow us to purchase equipment and cover our annual website hosting costs.