Paw Prints

The Student News Site of Morris Area High School

Paw Prints

Paw Prints

National FFA Week

Though many Americans acknowledge the importance of agriculture, some people overlook the substantial role it plays in our everyday lives. National FFA Week is a time for FFA members to bring attention to their organization and inform others of what agriculture means to them. It is also a time for proud members of this organization to show others what it means to be a leader. This year National FFA Week is from February 20th – February 27th; fun fact… even though the dates shift slightly from year to year, it will always include George Washington’s birthday.

The Morris Area FFA Chapter celebrates National FFA week by planning a week’s worth of schoolwide activities, specifically chosen by the Junior and Senior Officer teams. Each day has a different dress-up theme. This year’s dress-up days are as follows: Monday- Red, White, and Blue; Tuesday- Tourist/Hawaiian; Wednesday- Blue and Gold; Thursday- Camouflage/Blaze Orange; Friday- Country versus Country Club. Along with these wacky dress-up days are daily pre-planned Lunchtime activities for the seventh and eighth-graders. The activities this year are themed Minute-to-Win-It challenges, and winners of these daily challenges will receive a prize. The challenges, handled by the Junior Officer Team, are once more as follows: Monday- Oreo Challenge; Tuesday- Lasso Challenge; Wednesday- StarBurst Challenge; Thursday- Toilet Paper Challenge; Friday- Tennis Ball Challenge. Lastly, the Chapter advisors have introduced a new activity called “The Medallion Hunt”. For this activity, the advisors will hide the FFA emblem somewhere within the school, and students will have the opportunity to search for it throughout the week. The discoverer of the emblem will acquire a prize as well. 

Not only will the Morris Area FFA Chapter hold fun-filled activities throughout the week, but they will also be hosting a couple of events. Wednesday, February 24th, is designated as “Pie Day”. Each family of FFA members will bring in a homemade pie, individually sliced and packaged, for the faculty to enjoy as a part of Staff Appreciation. Friday, February 26th, is to be a Teachers’ Breakfast held by the Chapter officers. 

With an abundance of fun and festivities planned, the students and staff of Morris Area High School have a lot to look forward to! The Morris Area FFA Chapter, along with all other FFA Chapters across the United States, are coming together to showcase the importance of agriculture in America, and that there is a leader inside of everyone.

Donate to Paw Prints

Your donation will support the student journalists of Morris Area High School. Your contribution will allow us to purchase equipment and cover our annual website hosting costs.