Paw Prints

The Student News Site of Morris Area High School

Paw Prints

Paw Prints

Winter Sports

Fall sports are coming to an end and that means it’s time for winter sports! This year some winter sports are starting later than usual because sports like football and volleyball are ending later. Another reason that some are starting later is that they have to split the season.

Basketball start dates are as follows: Girls Junior High starts on November 5th, Girls ABC starts on December 7th, Boys Junior High starts on Jan. 4th, and Boys ABC starts on November 23rd. Basketball end dates are on December 22nd for Girls Junior High, Boys Junior High ends on February 18th, and the last scheduled game for Girls ABC is on March 5th, with February 23rd to finish the Boys ABC season.

The first games for hockey are on December 4th for Boys AB, and Girls A is on December 8th. Hockey’s last scheduled games are on February 20th for Boys AB and February 26th for Girls A.

Gymnastics A’s first meet is scheduled for January 7th, and AB gymnastics’ last meet is scheduled for February 18th.

Wrestling AB has their first meet on December 10th; A Wrestling’s last meet is currently scheduled for February 12th. 

Most of the sports this year had their season cut down quite a bit. Like fall sports, there are some new protocols that have to be followed, like wearing masks on the bus, or when not playing. Winter sports will definitely be interesting to watch this year, but we will most likely have to watch online, as we did for some of our fall sports. Tune in to our school’s YouTube channel Morris Area Tigers Live to find your favorite sporting events live-streamed!

Donate to Paw Prints

Your donation will support the student journalists of Morris Area High School. Your contribution will allow us to purchase equipment and cover our annual website hosting costs.